Lakewood Elementary Parent Teacher Organization (LES PTO) is a nonprofit group comprised of volunteering parents, teachers, and staff dedicated to improving the educational experience of all students. Our goals are to encourage interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support, and work with teachers, staff, and the community at large to raise funds to improve our campus, educational resources, and tools.The PTO works closely with the school administration to meet this goal.
Every year we put forth two major fundraisers for our campus. The Fall Fundraiser and Spring Fundraiser Your support of these events is vital to our success as a PTO!
The funds we raise help cover additional expenses and school wish list items that are not covered by the district.
Funds can be used to help pay for:
- Providing Field Trip Transportation Costs
- Designing and Selling Spirit Shirts and Hoodies
- Designing and Selling the Yearbook
- Serving cookies and a craft for Holiday parties
- Keeping the teacher lounge stocked with snacks and coffee
- Teacher, Staff and Bus Driver Appreciation Luncheons
- Free family events
- Grade level miscellaneous wish list items
- Educational Adventures
- L.E.S. Learning Garden
- Supply spending allowance for each teacher
- Raising funds for playground equipment and campus improvements
- Field Day
- Pizza parties
- Popsicle parties
How can you support LES PTO?
As Lakewood Elementary friends and family, we are fortunate to be part of such an extraordinary community. The continued support of families like yours is what makes Lakewood what it is today. To remain extraordinary, Lakewood depends on support from the LES PTO to continue programs, sponsor events, and purchase items to supplement the funding from TEA and TISD. You are invited to join the PTO and be part of the effort to provide LES students with a strong foundation for learning and success. Your support will make Lakewood Elementary a better place for our children to learn and grow. All parents are encouraged to attend monthly meetings and serve as volunteers.
Monetary donations, volunteer hours, and in kind donations are the best ways to support us. Support from our families matters and increases our chances for a successful year.
You can also support the PTO by linking your reward cards to Lakewood Elementary.
- Kroger Share Card
- www.smile.amazon.com (set Lakewood Elementary as charity and make all purchases through the smile.amazon link)
We hope your kids learn, love, and make cherished memories at Lakewood. We look forward to exceeding your expectations as a school and community. Welcome to Lakewood!
- Saturday, March 25
- Tuesday, March 28
- Friday, March 31
- Thursday, April 6
- Friday, April 7