If you are a father, grandfather, uncle—or other type of father figure — set aside one day each year to attend school with your kids. Not only will your presence absolutely delight your children, it increases security, reduces bullying, and sends a strong message that education is important to every kid at Lakewood Elementary.
Not bad for a day's work, eh?
The presence of men at school makes a powerful impression on kids. Watch D.O.G.S. (Dad's of Great Students) leverages that power to great advantage!
If you are interested in becoming a WATCHDOG:
What does being a Watch D.O.G. include?
- Each "Dad" may choose one Fall Date AND one Spring date to volunteer.
- Dates must be selected at least one week in advance
- You must pass a background check prior to your signup date. CLICK HERE to start.
- Hours are from 8:00 - 4:00pm
- Shirts are available to purchase online from the Watch DOG Store
- A schedule will be given from Julie Harrison during orientation in the morning
For more information, here's a word from Mrs. Harrison.